My mommy always tells me that I have angels who watch over me every day and night. Lately, my angels have been working overtime to protect me. Last March I was taking swimming lessons with other kids in my school in El Salvador. Beside the pool stood a 25-story glass building. The whole class was swimming when we heard a really loud BOOM and the sound of glass breaking. Large pieces of glass fell from the building into the pool. Later, my teacher told us that some bad men shot a bomb over our pool and into the glass building. I think that my angels had their wings covering that pool because none of us were hurt, just a little scared.
In April I was helping my little sister Shayla into our school van. The van was parked on a hill; the brake came lose and the van rolled over my foot. It really hurt, but no bones were broken. My angel must have put his foot over mine to protect it from harm.
In May I was climbing a mango tree in our yard. Mommy says never to climb trees, but my brother wanted a mango. He knew the rule, so he got me to climb. Just as I was reaching for the mango, the branch broke. I fell and hit the back of my head on a rock wall, blood was everywhere, and I don't know if I was more scared of getting a spanking because I climb the tree or going to the hospital and getting a shot. Well, I did have to go to the hospital, and I got a shot and six stitches. (I will take a spanking over a shot any day!) Once again my angel was there protecting me because as Mommy and Daddy said, I could have died or been hurt far worse by hitting my head on that wall.
In July I got really sick. I went swimming with my school and came home with an earache. Mommy took me to the doctor. He gave me medicine, and we started on a trip to Guatemala. My earache got worse, and my throat started hurting. Then I got this big lump on the side of my neck. I felt terrible! The day we came home Mommy took me straight to the doctor and he put me into the hospital. Now as I said before, I HATE SHOTS and that is all they seemed to give me in the hospital. I was in the hospital for 6 days but on the fourth day the doctor told my mom and dad that I might need surgery to open the abscesses in my throat. I was scared! So I was really praying and my family was really praying. My mom called my grandma in the States on Saturday and asked her to have the church and all her friends pray for me.
On Monday the doctor came into my room and looked at the X-ray from that morning. He looked at my mouth and felt my neck. Then he shook his head and said that the abscesses were completely gone. "They were there yesterday" he said, "but today they are gone." My mom told our doctor that the abscesses were gone because God healed me. The doctor looked at me and said, "It must have been God. It's good that you know the Man upstairs."
Our whole family and especially me want to thank you for praying for us. Sometimes it's hard being a missionary kid. I miss my family, good candy, potato chips, shopping in malls, and visiting Disneyland. But I know that Daddy and Mommy are doing what Jesus wants them to do; and so am I. So don't worry too much about me. Jesus and my angel are watching over me.